Thursday, November 6, 2008

Max

Several people have asked me how things are going with Max. I actually haven’t seen him in over a week (he went to visit his grandparents over Fall break) but I am happy to report that he was back to his usual self in record time. No more crying, apologizing or “hiding” – (he hid his face from us when he walked by before our official meeting to hear his final decision – poor baby).

The day after our sad meeting we went to the children’s “living room” to visit Y. Max came down the stairs and for half a second had an “uh-oh” look on his face when he saw us. That disappeared instantly as we greeted him and joked around. I mentioned that we heard his favorite song in the taxi on the way over. He broke into that megawatt grin and, with jus t a little coaxing, treated us to his version of “Smack That”. (By the way, just for the record, I did NOT teach him that song - but it is hilarious to hear him sing it!)

Ever since then he’s been just fine and we’ve all had a lot of fun together. I’m looking forward to seeing him this week (Monday probably will be my last visit with the Internat kids for this trip).

p.s. Saw Max after I wrote this. He is fine – happy and healthy and fun and funny. :-)

No comments: