Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All is Well

This will be a short post - we're riding in our favorite taxi on our way to "go in shopping" with B.
We spent most of the weekend settling in to our room at "camp" and worrying about Y, who was away from the Internat for the weekend. We saw her for a few minutes yesterday and she was happy to see us & her big brother. All is well with her. She was sad when she realized that none of her friends from the Internat would be joining our family but she is happy in the knowledge that B will be with us and, ahem, some of her friends informed her that they would be joining her in America soon so she is very excited about that! After some hugs, a chat and a quick manicure we had to return to the paper chase. We hope to visit her again today.
B has been like an extra facilitator for us -- running paperwork, translating and even catching an error in two of the documents! Despite the errors, we supposedly are still on track for our court hearing on Tuesday (one week from today). So that is great news!
B and Y are healthy and happy; Mike and I are happy and mostly healthy (though we both have colds); we are thrilled to become a family.
Can't remember if I said this already - but: L, your message was delivered to K (with translation) and she understands. She smiled and nodded. There was not a good time to speak with Y with a translator but I'm sure she has received the message from K. They both understood when I told them that you love them very much and I do, too!
OK, now we go in shopping! Pa ka!

5 comments:

Suzette said...

A room at camp; shopping in Lutigino; ah-h-h-h; such memories; not to mention the smiles and hugs from all those beautiful children; I can't wait to come back and visit; we love that place. Relish every moment; it may seem chaotic now but it will soon pass and you will always treasure these beginning days in your heart. BTW, Viktor was our facilitator in Kyiv; tell him we said hi and that our boys are doing great; you are in good hands! Suzette

Leetha said...

Oh my goodness I wish I was there!!! I want to be there for camp and I feel like 'something is just not right' by not being there.

I know you must be so tired but happy at the same time.

I can't wait to hug and congratulate you, Mike and your children. I know the journey is still emotional and there's much left to accomplish but much is sweet.

Thank you for the 'update'! :)

Love, Leetha

Hall family said...

I am so happy and thrilled for you all. Mike Davenport leaves today for Lugansk and Madison leaves Saturday. I so wish I were coming out there!!! Please give hugs to all from Mama Valerie and Papa Randy...and we are continuing to pray and journey along with you! Valerie

Anonymous said...

Todd and I are glad to hear that things are moving fast for B&Y. We were very sorry to hear about Max, but glad you guys are handling everything so well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and can't wait for you to be home!

Anonymous said...

congratulations, mom and pop! i am so excited for you and can't wait to meet your (our) new kids!


aunt sippi